HEAD AND NECK PATHOLOGY:
The inside of the mouth is normally smooth and coral pink in color. It is lined with a special type of skin (mucosa) and any alteration in this appearance could be a warning sign for a pathological process. Oral cancer is the most serious of these changes.
Schedule Your Consult Now
- Reddish patches (erythroplasia) or whitish patches (leukoplakia) in the mouth
- A sore that fails to heal and bleeds easily
- A lump or thickening on the skin lining the inside of the mouth
- Chronic sore throat or hoarseness
- Difficulty in chewing or swallowing
Do not ignore suspicious lumps or sores, your mouth is one of your body’s most important warning systems. If you have any concerns, Please
FACIAL SKIN CANCER AND RECONSTRUCTION:
- Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States. More than 1 million skin cancers are diagnosed annually.
- Squamous cell carcinoma is the second most common form of skin cancer. More than 250,000 cases are diagnosed each year, resulting in approximately 2,500 deaths each year.
- One in 5 Americans and one in 3 Caucasians will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime.
- More than 90 percent of all skin cancers are caused by sun exposure.
- A person’s risk for skin cancer doubles if he or she has had five or more sunburns.